Friday, September 3, 2010

Girls Only!

Just recently, I decided to start a girls' night. I thought that all of us girls could use one night away from the hubbies, kid(s), work, whatever the case! Us women never get time to visit with just the girls without our impatient husbands hurrying us up or our children distracting us from actually listening to a grown up convo, having to step away to change a poopy diaper, having a little one eat off your plate and try to grab at everything on it etc, etc. I could go on and on! I decided one night a month would be good (though actually us women need more than that in my opinion!) to play games, eat snacks, and just enjoy some girl time! I held the first girls' night at my house last night. And what a big time we had! All 17 of us! We had a plethora of yummy food and with all the people we had, the only game we could really play was Guesstures! You talk about some loud girls! Oh, and the competitiveness! You really would have thought there was some grand money prize at the end or something! We had two girls that were pregnant and man, those girls can play some Guesstures! Especially Audra who was running all over the place and one time getting down in the floor to make a snow angel. I nearly wet myself when she did that so thanks Audra! Not sure how I would have explained that wet spot on the couch to my husband! The game stayed so close the entire time. We actually tied and had to break it so we played to 100. My team kicked butt and made it to 109. Unfortanately though, the other team had "last bat". They needed 15 points to win and in Guesstures that's hard to do because you have to pick all the hard cards. April got up there and of course had to use all 4 point cards. I knew they couldn't get it! Well by golly they completed all the cards and pulled through and kicked our butts! What a blast we all had though. I haven't laughed that much in a while! It was a much needed night for me, and I'm sure it was for the other 16 girls that were there. I actually told my sister-in-law last night that I wish we could do that once a week instead of once a month. Not sure that would go over very well with our men! ;-) Thanks girls for coming and I look forward to many more girls' nights together!

-Lisa E

1 comment:

  1. Argh. We lost by ONE MEASLY point. Next time, girls...next time.

    And this was a GRAND idea. Obviously, you weren't the only one craving some girl time! Can't wait til next month!

    ReplyDelete