Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Taco Pie

Ok so this is something I made just 5 minutes ago! It's just waiting for me in the kitchen to be put in the oven. I've made this several times but today I just thought to myself, "This is so darn simple!" that I wanted to share. I actually got this idea from my friend, Chelsea, who actually buys the Taco Pie kit at the store. Well I only shop at Kroger and they don't have it there so I sort of just make my own. All you'll need:

1 lb ground turkey or beef
3 tortillas (wide enough to fit in a pie pan)
taco seasoning
shredded cheese
Velveeta cheese (which I used for the first time today)
Your choice of what you want to top it with (sour cream, salsa, taco sauce)

1. Brown your meat
2. Drain and rinse
3. Put back in pan
4. Prepare taco meat with seasoning
5. Add in some bits of Velveeta (however cheesy you want the meat to be) and stir till melted.
6. Put 1st tortilla in bottom of pie pan.
7. Sprinkle a little (or a lot, whatever you wish!) of shredded cheese on tortilla
8. Spread half of cheesy meat mixture over that.
9. Sprinkle a little more shredded cheese.
10. Add 2nd tortilla and repeat numbers 7-9
11. Top with remaining tortilla
12. Bake in oven on 350 for 10-15 min.
13. Enjoy with your choice of toppings :)

And if you have any refried beans on hand, Chelsea will sometimes add that to her pie. Just spread on tortillas and add meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment