Monday, September 6, 2010

Getting my "sew on!"

Here are my recent sewing projects. For a while now, I have been wanting so badly to learn how to make pillowcase dresses. Well guess what! I finally learned! Had I known it was going to be so dadgum easy I would have learned a LONG time ago. The first one I made I don't have a picture of (will post later) because it is getting appliqued. But it is a turquoise corduroy fabric. It's going to have an orange pumpkin with white polka dots on the front and I added orange with white polka dot ribbon. The 2nd dress (below) when I saw this fabric, I fell in love. There's just something about owls I love. Especially with the fall around the corner! (screaming inside with excitement!) I am totally not digging the "ribbon" on this. I didn't have any to go with this dress so I used some leftover fabric from the torquoise dress and made my own "ribbon." Yeah well that's 45 minutes of my life I'll never get back. I hate it!

















Hey, remember in one of my past posts about my favorite bible that I had to ghetto rig because pages were falling out?? Well, "walla!" No more tacky looking bible. I actually got it a little too big because while making this, my worst fear was that I would make it too small and my bible wouldn't fit AT ALL! I'll do better next time!













Here's a look inside. I love the cute little pen pocket!












Happy sewing!
-Lisa E

No comments:

Post a Comment