Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Adventures in Mommyhood!

No need to go to the movies! Just come watch Lisa and Brylee in Dollar General! Monday night, I made a run there. My mother-in-law had found some cute fall dish towels and rags for cheap. When I got there, I figured I would just carry Brylee instead of getting out the stroller or wiping down a cart. It wouldn't take me but a second to look at that ONE thing. HAH! I can't ever go in anywhere and get just one thing! Who was I kidding? I remembered Ben needed some plastic ware to take to work with him in the morning so I went and grabbed two bags. Then I found the towels and realized, "I don't want them now." I am the world's worst about that! Walking towards the front to check out, I realized I needed a dessert for a meeting at the church the next night. So I go and grab some brownies. I get to the front and see the Rachael Ray October magazine. So of course I had to get that too. So you're thinking, "that really isn't much" but keep in mind, I also was holding my wallet and phone. Not to mention a 20+ pound wiggly toddler too! It's finally our turn to check out and thankfully it didn't take until then that Brylee starts slipping out of my arms. So I thought, "what the heck, let me put her down." HUGE mistake! As I'm standing there, Brylee is clinging on to my clothes just like she ALWAYS does. Not complaining though. I'm glad she likes to stay near me instead of trying to escape somewhere. Anyways, Brylee some how begins to lose her balance. She decides that she is going to try to save herself by using MY shorts!! Ah, yes, I got half-way "pantsed" right there in Dollar General. I luckily had on a t-shirt so I DON'T THINK much was seen. AND luckily I was quick enough to grab on to my shorts and pull them back up before they reached my knees. In the mean time, trying to save myself from complete embarrassment, I selfishly let my child land flat on her back right there in the nasty Dollar General store floor! I picked her up and of course she was screaming crying all while I was trying to swipe my card all red faced wondering how much of my "wears" were seen. She finally settled down when I handed her my phone and she began "talking" on it as though nothing ever happened! As I walked out, I yelled, "Hope all of you enjoyed the show!" Okay not really but I wanted to! Hey the positive in this situation. I was able to be good birth control for the young fella checking us out!

No comments:

Post a Comment