Monday, February 21, 2011

"This is the Stuff"


Yesterday I heard Francesca Battistelli's song "This is the Stuff" for the first time and I loved it. I immediately downloaded it on iTunes. The first 2 lines reminded me so much of myself. I can't count how many times I've had to search for my keys. And one time I actually had to get on Facebook and tell someone to call my phone because I couldn't find it! Here is a link to the words and song on GodTube. It was a great reminder for me of how God works in our lives. The little "annoyances" that drive us insane are the very things that God is only trying to help us with. "Might not be what I would choose. But this is the stuff You use to break me of impatience, conquer my frustrations. I've got a new appreciation. It's not the end of the world!" Today at Kroger I had to remember this song in my head as I experienced one of my biggest pet peeves!

After a very DISTRACTING shopping trip with Brylee, I got my groceries in the car and then put her in her seat. After putting her in, I was standing outside the car rummaging through the coupons that I didn't use that I carelessly threw in the diaper bag during our trip. As I'm trying to find all of them, I get this whiff of coffee. Ironically, several of those coupons I didn't use were coffee coupons and for a slight second (remember I just said a slight second!) I thought to myself, "Mmm, I'm guessing some companies are scenting their coupons now!" I had NO clue where the coffee smell had come from. That is until I went to PUT MY BASKET WHERE IT BELONGS. I saw that "Mr. or Ms. Lazy" had not put their basket in the little "doodad" (what are those things called anyway?") Note: Whomever "Mr. or Ms. Lazy" was, was obviously only about 5 feet from the "doodad". So you're asking yourself, "What about the coffee smell?" Well, while I was rummaging through my "coffee scented coupons", "Mr. or Ms. Lazy's" basket ran into my car. "Mr. or Ms. Lazy" was also too lazy to throw away their coffee cup that was still FULL of coffee and coffee spilled down the side of my car. Note to self: They are in fact, NOT making coffee scented coupons. I was highly frustrated. Yeah, sure it's no fun when a basket runs into your vehicle and it's certainly no fun when you get coffee spilled down it but that's not what I was frustrated about. It was the simple fact that this person could not walk 5 more feet to put that basket where it belongs!! "This is the stuff that drives me crazy!"

When I got home and started thinking about that song, I realized I just needed to thank God for this situation. Because in this situation he was only helping me "conquer my frustrations" and realize "it's not the end of the world" when someone doesn't put their basket up! Thank you Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how God uses us when we allow Him to!!!!!
    You lift me and encourage me, my DIL! Thank you for this wonderful reminder....all too often these minor frustrations have led me to a major "end of the world" explosion...So thankful God is at work on me! He brightens my day through you....Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete