Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Devotion 2011

In 2011, I have been working on being more prayerful and digging into God's word daily. I'm on a mission to read through the entire bible in a year. So far, all is going well, even though I am about 13 days behind. I have decided to start a little log to keep up with my reading/thoughts/prayer/etc. I think this is going to help me to be more disciplined when it comes to my reading/prayer life. I think it will also help me to actually meditate and think about what I have read rather than just read through it just to get done with the reading, which is what I've done in the past. This is going to help me out a lot when it comes to praying for others/events coming up. As you can see, there's a spot for both of those. On Sundays or Wednesdays or whenever anyone says, please pray for "whomever" or "this specific event" I can actually write it down and not forget, which I am notorious for. Or I'll pray for that specific person one day and then for the rest of the week I've already forgotten. I can now actually pray for this person or that person all week long or all month long or however long I need to! And then of course, thanking God for my many blessings that week. I also like this idea so that a year from now, I can look back and see what I've studied, what I was praying for at this time in my life, etc, etc. Guess you could sort of call this a bible study/prayer journal. We'll see how it goes! I have also added Ben, Brylee, and my name to the bottom. This is for specific things going on in our lives during that week. Then I have a seperate sheet with our names on it. I gave an example of Brylee's. I have added specific things that I want to pray for each of us consistently every week. Of course, you can see some of these things I don't have to worry about for a while but I want to start praying about it now. I have this saved on my computer so if you would like a copy, let me know and I can email you an attachment. I actually tried to upload the document to the blog and it wouldn't let me so I just took a picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment