Friday, January 7, 2011

One and a half!

Well I officially have a one and a half year old. Brylee turned 18 months last Friday and it's crazy. I remember just taking pictures of her when she turned 6 months. I know I say this in just about every blog but I really wish time would slow down! I only have 6 months to plan her 2nd birthday!! Haha, I know, I know I have plenty of time but when it comes to making her photo book, I really gotta get on the ball! Here are her 18 month updates. This is probably something no one cares about but I like to add these things so I can look back when she's, oh 18 years old, and read these kinds of thing. Lord knows I'll forget them!

Here she was on her half birthday!


And now 1 and 1/2!



-Her vocabulary is just growing! She is amazing me everyday. Her vocab now includes: Momma, Dadda, Hi, Hello, bye, Nana (my mom), Papaw (my dad), Mimi (Ben's mom) Dadoo (Ben's dad), baby, thank you, bath, whoa, shoe(s), no, eyes, eat, more (more-more), night-night (she learned from her sing-a-ma-jig!) keys, bible, sock, boot, cup, two, corn, bow, teeth, toes, I poop, I toot, clap-clap, book, hot, cold, when we ask her who made mommies and daddies she says "God did", and when we say "Jesus loves..." she'll point to herself and say "Me!" Lately, she has liked adding the artice "a" to words. She's so funny!
-2 of our New Year's resolutions for her were less bottle and less passy. She is only taking a bottle at bed time now and it's been quite easy. Come February we are going to try just a cup at night. We'll see how that goes. She is quite attached to the passy and at times I found myself just giving in. Just when we're out in public though. She only takes her passy when she lays down for nap or bed time though sometimes she'll find one sitting somewhere and the next thing you know she's walking up to me with a passy in. Like I said, she's quite attached!
-She has started saying "I pooped" when she has pooped and sometimes before she does it. I started putting her on the potty yesterday but so far, nothing!
-She is down to one nap a day.
-She's up to 24 pounds now. She is like picking up a ton of bricks it seems like. She is so solid! She is in size 18-24 months and yesterday she was actually wearing a 2T shirt! She is in size 5 shoes. Size 4 diapers.
-She pats anything leather and says "bible." ie: Her uncle's wallet. It was the cutest thing.
-She discovered oranges a couple weeks ago and LOVES them. And orange juice too.
-She loves to dance.
-She is becoming such a loving little thing. She'll just come up to me and lay her head on my leg and pat me. I eat that up!
-Her favorite thing to do here lately is stick her booty up in the air and put her head on the ground...kind of like she's doing "down-dog". We call it her yoga move so whenever I say "Do yoga!" that's what she does.
-Whenever she sees a number she says "two". Every number is two in her book!
-She started using a spoon the other day and did quite well! There is a video at the bottom.
-She is still a mommy's girl 100%!!!


1 comment:

  1. She is so cute. And she and you will both cherish these blogs you've written about her as she grows up!

    ReplyDelete