Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday


Today I came across a friend's blog and it was "What I'm loving Wednesday." I love the idea but I didn't want to completely steal it so I thought I'd start a "Thankful Thursday." When I say that about the stealing thing, don't think you can't steal my idea. Please feel free! I think it is something we should all do more of. We have so many things that God has blessed us with that we certainly do not deserve. Things that we so often overlook and don't thank God enough for. So with that said, I encourage you to start a "Thankful Thursday" blog. I encourage you to do less complaining about the petty little things you go through and focus more on all the good in your life and what God has done for you.

1. Our women's bible study. I can't say this enough! That class and the women in it are such an encouragement to me.

2. Lunch with my bff, Chelsea, today and her yummy soup she brought.

3. The strength and ability to work out this week.

4. Living in a country where we have the FREEDOM to worship an awesome God. We are reading "Radical" in our Sunday bible class and it has been eye opening for me for many different reasons. In the book, it talks about different people in other areas of the world who risk their lives and sometimes their own family's lives just to learn more about God. People who are being persecuted for trying to learn more about God or who are trying to spread the gospel to others. This week it has really been on my mind and I have thought about how lucky I am to not have to go through that. We have no idea how blessed we are. We have the bible to read at anytime, we can go to God at any point in the day and talk to Him, we have a building that we can go worship at on Sundays and Wednesdays. All of these things right at our finger tips and yet, we take them for granted.


5. Finally and most importantly, God's forgiveness when I do take all of those things above for granted. Thank you Lord!

What are you thankful for this Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment