Monday, December 13, 2010

Let's party!

This past weekend was busy busy! 3 parties+3 days in a row=super fun x busy! It all started Thursday with our monthly girls' night. And oh what fun we had as always. We did our usual everyone bring a munchie, and we played Dirty Santa. And boy did it get dirty! It was all in good fun though and we all laughed so much! Something we were all in need of! I feel as though I go home a better wife and Mommy. It's amazing what happens when you get away from the stress of life just for a couple of hours and spend time with just the girls.
The gals
Me and my BFF, Chelsea

Friday night, we had our church class party and that was a blast as well. Again, lots of good munchies, hideous sweaters, and karaoking (sp?). No offense to Brylee, but I really wish I would have gotten a babysitter that night. She got a 4 hour nap that afternoon so I was thinking "Awesome, she'll be so pleasant tonight!" Yeah, well that 4 hour nap had an adverse effect on her and she was so attached to me that night. She wouldn't go to her Daddy, not even her cousin Madison, whom she is crazy about! So that sort of kept me in a tizzy all night but I still had fun.
Brylee being "upleasant Brylee!"
My sexy hubby posing in his sexy sweater! And very sexy Lisa about to walk right in front of the camera! lol


The next day, Santa came to town! Every year, my mother-in-law throws a Christmas party and invites all the family and close friends. When parents come, they always put a wrapped gift in the back of her vehicle. Once Santa gets there, he puts all those gifts in his bag, comes inside, sits down, and calls each child up and they open their present right there in his lap. It's so cute and this year since Brylee was actually conscience compared to last year, I was really anxious to see how she would do. My bet was a total freak out as dramatic as she is. We've been talking a lot about Santa and showing her pictures and things around the house with him on it and she says "Ho Ho." But still, when a red-faced ginormous man in a bright red suit with fur all on it comes in the door, it's just different compared to Santa salt shakers and Santa in Brylee's books that we've been seeing every day. Much to my surprise, she did awesome. She got right up there in his lap and got her books that he brought her. And then she realized, she wasn't within a foot of Mommy, so she wanted down! Yes, she was a little clingy that day too. What can I say, she's a Mommy's girl!



This is Brylee's BFF, Rylyn, and her mom Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment