Sunday, November 28, 2010

Adventures in Mommyhood-The Poop Incident

Warning to those who don't have children. You may not want to read any further.

Just recently, Brylee started enjoying showers just as much as baths. I bathe her every other day, so on "bath days" I sometimes just put her in the shower with me to "kill two birds with one stone." A couple weeks ago was one of those days. I was actually questioning whether or not I was going to put her in that day because she had not had one of her daily bowel movements. I went ahead though, and braved it! I was busy doing my thing and Brylee's was busy doing her thing playing with her bath toys when all of a sudden she stands up and she gets the "poop face" going. Turning red, eyes watering, and grunting. Yall know what face I'm talking about! That's when I began to freak out. I started looking for something, anything to try to catch these turds! I thought for a second that I would get out and get some TP and catch it but I was scared I'd be too late. Plus geez, I was soaking wet. So I just quickly went for MY wash rag and held it under her booty. Well I'm guessing my freaking out gave her what you would call "stage fright" and she didn't do anything. I quickly finished up my shower, skipping the whole shaving legs thing! Thank God she didn't do anything the rest of the time. We were safe!

That's not the end, my friends!

Yesterday was another one of those let's "kill two birds with one stone" kind of days. Again, one of those days where she had not pooped for the day. AND once again, I went ahead and braved it. Oh silly silly me. This time I wasn't so lucky. And this time, she gave me no "poop face" warning. I finished up my shower and then washed and rinsed her. All was fine and dandy! I turned the water off thinking "We did it once again. We're safe!" I wrapped her up in her towel and picked her up and she decided to lay her head on me, and she was just so still and quiet (what I thought was just cuddling). Which she doesn't do often after bath time because she hates being wrapped up in a towel. So I thought "Aw, so sweet!" That was until I smelled something. I said out loud "Girl, do you have gas? Let's hurry up and get a diaper on before you do something!" WAAAAAAY too late for that Lisa! We stepped out of the shower, I looked back and there was her surprise loaf she left Mommy on the shower floor! And apparently, stupid me, didn't have her booty covered up well enough with the towel that she was leaving a couple poop trails on the way to get her cleaned up and a diaper on her! After doing that and then getting the floor cleaned up, I noticed I had dried poop marks on my thigh, I guess where she was leaving poop trails and it hit my leg and I never felt it. Aaaaaaah the wonderful joys of Mommyhood. I say it often and I will say it again, I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world!

On another note, my sweet girl woke up that night (at midnight) throwing up! It broke my heart. This was her first time to throw up and I'm sure she was more scared than anything because she didn't know what was happening to her. I couldn't have done it without my wonderful husband who actually cleaned up the first puke, it being the biggest of them all, all over our living room floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment