Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fall Vacation

It's been exactly a month today since I last blogged. I guess you could say I've been in sort of a "blogging slump". In my last blog I mentioned how Ben was going to have surgery on his fractured tooth and how we wouldn't be able to go on our fall trip because he would have to take off work and what not. Well luckily, he didn't have to take off at all. And we were able to go on our trip!

We went to Asheville, North Carolina and it was absolutely beautiful! This was our first time to be away from our Brylee Kate for a long period of time! The most has only been 2 days and that was too long for us! We left on a Monday and got back on Friday. We were actually going to stay till Sunday but since Ben's surgeon hit us with a $2,000 bill right on the spot, we thought we would cut it a little shorter! Monday morning Ben's dad dropped us off at the airport. I did great and thought I was going to be fine until we got out of the car and started saying bye to Brylee and she started crying!! Oh my word, you talk about a Momma's heart being broken. I am wanting to cry again right now just thinking about it! She stopped crying as soon as we closed the door but Mommy immediately started crying. We waved bye to her as they drove off and I cried even harder as I looked at that sweet face staring at us out the window. ::tearing up now:: It was all well worth it in the end though!


Ben's dream car that he rented while we were there. I loved this car and as soon as I got in it I said "Hey I think 3 kids could fit in the back!" Then I changed my mind real quick when I got car sick everywhere we went. When I sat normal in the seat all I was staring at was dashboard. I had to sit on my legs every time we got in. I don't see how people drive those. The windows are so small, you can't see anything!


When we got there the first day, we checked in and went immediately to the Biltmore! It was amazing!


Eating breakfast our first morning there at Tupelo Honey Cafe.


I had to force my pharmacist to take a picture in front of this pharmacy right across the street from Tupelo Honey Cafe. Then later I noticed all the stinkin cigarette signs in the window!!


In front of our hotel. We stayed at Hotel Indigo in downtown Asheville. We were able to walk almost everywhere which was nice.






Our day of hiking-Chimney Rock




We went to Blue Ridge Parkway one day it was was so beautiful! I took a lot of pictures as we drove and got out at different spots.




Our last night there we ate at Sunset Terrace inside Grove Park Inn. We were able to sit and eat dinner as we watched the sunset behind the mountains!

I was in awe at God's beautiful creation everywhere we went in North Carolina. I couldn't help but thank and praise him constantly while we were there!

For more pictures, check out our shutterfly site I will be adding them soon.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time. Your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, these pics are so awesome! I am so glad ya'll got to get away!

    ReplyDelete