Thursday, December 16, 2010

Recipe Time!

Yesterday I made my favorite holiday pie and I wanted to share. No, not my pie of course, but the recipe! I say holiday pie but it isn't really "Thankgivingy" or "Christmasy". I guess I call it that because I always end up making it either for Thanksgiving or Christmas. A couple reasons I love this recipe so much. 1. It's stinkin yummy! 2. It's super easy to make with no baking required. My absentminded self tends to overbake things. Hence, the cookies I made this morning for bible study. Oh, and you'll see a picture of my toasty coconut here in a minute! and 3. It makes 2 pies!!! So here it is...the Coconut Caramel Pies....

Ingredients:
1/4 c. margarine
7 oz. flaked coconut
1-8oz. pkg of cream cheese, softened
1-8oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1-16oz. ctn. of cool whip, thawed
1 jar of caramel
2 graham cracker pie shells (2 extra servings)

If you don't get the "2 extra servings" it will overflow, and you'll have a huge mess. Trust me on this one! Also, if you don't like coconut, just leave it out and have caramel pies!

Directions:
1. Melt butter in large skillet and add coconut. Cook until golden brown. STIR FREQUENTLY LISA and set aside.
This picture actually looks okay but a lot of it I had to pick through because it was a dark brown. I left it on the skillet and got to folding some laundry and realized "Oh crap, I have coconut cooking on the stove in there!" This explains my enthusiasm for this pie and the whole "no baking" thing.
2. Combine cheese and milk. Beat till smooth and fold in cool whip.
3. Layer 1/4 of mixture in each pie. Drizzle 1/4 of caramel on each pie and sprinkle 1/4 of coconut on each pie.
4. Repeat layers.
5. Cover and freeze until firm.

I keep mine frozen and then when I have to take one somewhere I'll take it out that day.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment