Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Adventures in Potty Training 2



I am going on my third day of insanity...oops...excuse me, I mean potty training Brylee Kate. I finally went to the store and bought some pull-ups, got candy ready, printed out a sticker chart, and we started 1st thing Monday morning. I took her every 20 minutes all day long. (Until she went to her Mimi's while I went grocery shopping, though Mimi still tried to put her on there a few times.) I got nothing out of her until after dinner that night. She started crying and grabbing at her diaper so I thought she had to poop or something. We rushed to the potty and SCORE!!!!! She peed! Which I was very glad for because I was seriously about to give up the first day!! Unfortunately I'm the type person that wants, needs, HAS to see results immediately! I think you might call that impatience?

Tuesday, again I took her every 20 minutes. My friend Chelsea and I always work out on Tuesdays and I'll tell ya, it could have very well been the longest workout ever having to stop every 20 minutes. Good thing Chelsea's a wonderful gal who understands! When I saw that she was wetting her pull-up and eventually pooped in it too, I changed the time frame to every 15 minutes. Boy did that make for a long, disappointing, exhausting day!! I got absolutely NOTHING from her yesterday! Like I said, it's a good thing she peed Monday evening. Otherwise, I definitely would have given up by now!!

Almost everyone I've talked to about potty training, swears by just putting them in big girl panties and seeing where things go!! This morning, I decided to brave it out and just do it! I changed the time to every 10 minutes though! Not long after changing to panties, Brylee came running up to me pointing towards the floor on the other side of the room saying "Juice, Juice!" I thought maybe she left a cup in her toy basket the day before and she wanted me to get it out or something. Well, no. There was a huge puddle of urine near her kitchen set. So I got her all cleaned up and then the floor and her little kitchen. Eventually, she finally peed in the potty!! Not sure if this was because of the whole "panty thing", or the fact that I moved her potty chair into the living room. Because today she has sat forever in that potty chair just watching TV. I don't know, either way, she did something!! The next thing you know, she had another accident. This time, she was sitting in one of her little chairs. Her chairs open up, and I store some of her toys in there. Well the pee had gotten all inside the chair and all over her dress up clothes! Once again, I cleaned up! And once more, she peed in the potty. So far today, 2 accidents and 2 scores! And probably a BIG F now.....

I've had a little trouble this morning with her pooping in the potty. Several times, I've caught her going to another room (which means she's going to poop) and I immediately put her on the potty. I'm sure I've given her "stage fright" everytime because she ended up not doing anything. I waited and waited until I couldn't anymore. So we got in the shower and then I was going to lay her down for a nap. About 5 minutes into the shower, I saw the "poop face" going on. Fortunately, I thought ahead and set the seat right outside the shower door. I quickly set her, soaking wet, on the potty as she cried. I wasn't quite quick enough because a little turd had fallen in the floor right in front of her. As my soapy body is standing there, trying to figure out what to do with this turd in the floor, Brylee goes to try and pick it up. "Ew chocolate!" I suppose she thought! Well I did what any mother would do if they saw there child about to pick up a piece of poop!! Yeah, I may have been a little louder than normal as I told her no and SHE FREAKED OUT!!!!!!!!! She jumped up from the toilet and ran back into the shower and grabbed hold of me. Which by the way, she had pooped the rest of it out in the potty. Yay! SCOOOORE! But I'm pretty sure she is scarred and will be too freaked out to sit on the potty now. She wouldn't stop crying and shaking (not sure if that was from fear or being cold). But after that, I laid her down for a nap and she is still sleeping. Not sure how she is going to react with the potty now. But with all our hard work the past 2 1/2 days, I'm hoping we can still continue! We shall see!

1 comment:

  1. Bless your bones. We did that a few days months and months ago. I won't tell you how that turned out yet. LOL. I'm hoping you have better luck!

    ReplyDelete