Monday, July 19, 2010

Brylee's 1st Birthday Party


So the first birthday party has come and gone. ::tear:: It wasn't all that stressful. I started planning kind of early. I'm what you would call a procrastinator. I am notorious for waiting till the last minute for everything. Birthday cards, birthday gifts, Christmas, shower gifts, etc, etc, etc. And then an occasion will just sneak up on me. For example, my dad's birthday was last Sunday and I stopped on the way to worship to get a card. This is no offense to my dad. It's just how I am unfortunately! For Brylee's party though, I told myself I wouldn't. I decided that with all the cousins she had, we would have it at our church building. That way kids would have room to run wild and do whatever they wanted! I ended up buying some hoola hoops and jump ropes for the big kids and I borrowed a little Dora ball blow up thingie from my sister-in-law for Brylee and her little friends to play in! Brylee ended up wanting to play with both!

Jumping rope with her cousins!

Sitting so lady like!


I decided to do a ladybug theme. This is really special to me because my grandmother (who passed away in November) would always call me and my cousin her little ladybugs :) Before Brylee was born my nickname for her was "My Little Lady." For her cake I used a woman that did my best friend's wedding cake and Brylee's Welcome Baby Shower cake. The cake turned out super cute but I was a little disappointed because the cakes were so dry. I'm not sure what happened because the lady does a great job and usually her cakes are delicious. I guess things can't always be perfect! Speaking of imperfect, I also made some little ladybug and 1 cookies. Yeah, I'm not a professional!


She got so many gifts! Clothes, toys, books, and Mommy and Daddy got her a swimming pool, 1 year photo book, and "Violet", her talking pal.




Cake time! She barely made a "smash" in her smash cake! She was really excited to see it at first but my little girly girl wanted no part in touching it, and when her Daddy decided to give her some "war paint," she was so mad at him!




Brylee enjoyed all of her guests coming to celebrate in her big day! Thanks to all who came!

Brylee in her new swimming pool with her friends. From left to right: Grant Brummet (who was having so much fun crawling out of the pool!) Bennie Massey (Brylee's future hubby), Reagan Tartt, cousin Brody Eddlemon, and Brylee (Missing Violet Cooper who left before picture time!)

Brylee in her swimming pool with her cousins. Front: Brody Eddlemon Left to right: Mya Jourdan, Jaci Eddlemon, Zoe Jourdan, Madison Jourdan, Phillip Chism, Jadyn Eddlemon, and Brylee (Missing: Azlyn and Aymish Pierce)



**For more pictures, visit our shutterfly site. www.theeddlemons.shutterfly.com

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! I think your cookies look excellent! That is a LOT of cousins! I bet Christmas is kinda crazy at y'all's house!

    ReplyDelete