Saturday, May 22, 2010

First blog!



I am finally giving this blogging thing a whirl. I've always enjoyed reading other people's and I've always wanted to start one of my own but I've just never gotten around to actually doing it. Plus I'm a person that doesn't talk a whole lot and I thought, "What would I have to say!?" Then I started thinking about all the fun stuff you experience as a mom and I always love to share everything about it so here I am, starting a blog! Besides, what else do I have to do with my time! ;)



As I'm typing, Ben is sitting beside me enjoying a little Xbox time and Brylee is in the floor playing and having fun pulling all the DVDs off the shelf! What a mess DADDY has to clean up! :) Speaking of Daddy, I was so thankful for him today when he told me to go to the church crafts fair and he would stay home with Brylee :) It was really weird because for once I was walking around with a purse instead of a big ole diaper bag! I know he was thankful for me too. First of all, I only spent $10. Secondly, I left the crafts fair $97 richer! There was a cash for gold booth there. I had no idea that when I was in kindergarten and got those 2 different rings from those little boys, I'd be getting money for them 22 years later! I also brought another ring and a necklace from my ex bfs (so thanks guys!) and a few odd earrings I had. What an easy $97!!!

On to little miss thing, Brylee has reached several milestones this week and I get prouder of her everyday! She has finally started getting the hang of "really" crawling. Before she was just doing the army crawl but she is figuring out that if she just gets those knees up, it's a lot easier to get around! Tuesday morning, I went up to get her and she was on her knees hanging on to the side. Had I waited just a couple more minutes she would have been standing and possibly trying to crawl out! Needless to say, I lowered the crib that day. Which by the way, is NOT an easy task. At first I couldn't even figure it out so I thought, she'll be okay napping in it today and we'll just get Daddy to do it when he gets home. That was until everytime I laid her down to nap, no matter how tired she was, she thought it was just much more fun to keep getting on those knees and holding on to the side. Then I realized I had to figure this out if she was ever going to take a nap. I had no idea I was going to have to unscrew the darn thing to get it lowered. I really wish I had had a camera on me during all that! As you can see from the picture, she has learned that drawers actually open. I'm actually going to get her Daddy for this one because I think he was the one that showed her!

So I'm guessing I'm going to end it right here because this is now about the 17th time that I have had to stop to do something. We'll see how this blogging thing goes. Yall bare with me now!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for more blog friends! In a year, you'll look back on your writings and be so glad you did this. My sister actually turned my blog of Drew's first year into a book for me. I absolutely love it--like an easy scrapbook.

    When you're ready for a cute, free design, let me know and I'll send you some links.

    Welcome to the blog world!

    ReplyDelete